Why is it that we as woman as mothers put ourselves last. This evening I found myself stressing about school work, kids homework, housework, and yes even real work. So again why is it we can find time for everyone and everything but ourselves. I came across this article I want to share with you.
http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Why-Women-Let-Themselves-Go
What caught my eye was when I read "we put ourselves last on the list, and often have very little left". This is so true. How often do you get your hair done? Do you take a walk without any kids, or feeling rushed to get back home? Or when was the last time you took time to vent and reflect with your husband or girl friends about "you" and how you feel and what "you" need. That is hard to say out loud; "I need". I challenge myself and you to take time for yourself and most importantly say out loud; "I need time for myself, and I need you to want me to." Read this article and find your strength to stop letting yourself go.
As a mother, partner, and a full-time worker.... this woman does not have time for self-care. This blog was designed to post my daily challenges and victories with all things life from home, health and all things in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monster Protein Fiber Balls
Ingredients 1 cup peanut butter 1/4 cup ground flaxseed 1/4 cup chocolate chips 1/3 cup m&m 1/3 cup honey 1 1/2 cup oats Pinch salt 1 t...
-
Sourdough Hawaiian Rolls Ingredients 1 cup pineapple juice ½ cup milk ½ cup sugar ½ cup starter (super bubbly)...
-
I am a fat cow who is out of control. I tried to get my head on straight tonight and couldn't. Came home and ate like I hadn't eatte...
No comments:
Post a Comment